In about 2 weeks we will see the 36th J&B Met at the Kenilworth Racecourse in Cape Town. In fact I have heard about people who go there for the horse races only.
But to be honest I guess the event is THE Cape Town event for showing what is possible in fashion. No wonder that the tag line of the event changes every year.
This year the theme is ‘Made To Fly’, with the tag-line ‘Groundbreaking outfits. Fly personalities’. That leaves quite a range and we can be expect some great outfits.
So in short the J&B Met is a celebration of South African social life, fashion, music and of course, horse racing.
I personally love to stroll around to watch people, have some drinks, spend little money on betting and enjoy to have a day at the horse racing. Which brings me to this info I got today and I think it is worth to share it with you.
The J&B Met Jet lounge powered by 5FM
Spend the day housed in the Jet lounge: a bespoke cocktail-styled Bedouin marquee situated alongside the track which after dark evolves into the official J&B Met after party.
Experience the ‘Made to Fly’ J&B Met from the comfort of the Jet Lounge as 5FM provide the sound track to a day filled with glamour, glitz and thundering hooves. Then kiss the day goodbye and the party hello, because when the sun goes down 5FM will power of the official after party with 5FM’s DJ’s Euphonik, Poppy, and DJ Fresh as well as Good Luck taking control of the decks and seeing you through until midnight
To ensure you are able to secure your place in the Jet Lounge, and have guaranteed access to the official after party, the good folk from Jet Lounge have put together a pre-sale package that ties it all into one ticket. Check out what is included below, and know this, numbers are limited and these will sell out!
- Entrance ticket, parking and shuttle service
- Premium track-side position
- Relaxed, chic lounge and cocktail-style interior
- Maybelline make-up and L’Oreal make-over stations
- custom seating arrangements for groups of 50 or more
- Flat-screens, live feed and tote facilities
- Live entertainment through-out the day
- Premier food vendors
- Five complimentary drinks vouchers per guest; cash bar thereafter (excl. premium brands which are available for purchase through-out the day and night)
- VIP Bathrooms trailers
- Official After Party ticket
Purchase tickets from www.itickets.co.za or for groups larger than 50 please contact:
Tel: 021 426 5775