Cape Town is a beautiful city and one with hundreds of activities to keep you busy, no matter what your interest or hobbies may be. The town has lots of outdoor activities – as well as sunbathing, swimming, shopping and nightlife.
However, despite this huge variety the Town has to offer, many of the people that flock to Cape Town each year are people in search in adrenaline and exciting experiences.
Finding adventure and chasing after life-changing experiences is something some people have to go on vacation to do – because if you spend your everyday life stuck in an office then adventure is nowhere in sight! The sunshine teamed with the brilliant activities on offer really makes Cape Town the best vacation spot around.
Cape Town can be the perfect destination for you though if adventure is what you need from a holiday! Here is my definitive list of activities for those searching something out of the ordinary.
1. Sky Dive – Cape town is a huge skydiving destination and you’ll enjoy some magical views as you glide back down to earth, if you’ve never done skydiving before you’ll have a professional fall with you – so no need for worrying. Because of the incredible landscape surrounding the city you won’t be short of things to see and enjoy as you make your way down to the ground. And most companies will provide you with a DVD and photos of your trip too!
2. Helicopter flights – If you want the thrill of flying and the thrill of height (but not necessarily the thrill of jumping out of a plane) then this is perfect for you. The views will be beautiful and flying in a helicopter is something you’ll never forget.
3. Abseil off table mountain – This is one for the serious adrenaline seekers! Table mountain is the big landmark in Cape Town and to abseil off it is one of the most exciting things you can do in the area. You can get training prior to the abseil and take classes – or you can throw yourself in the deep end and do the intensive session. Either way – it’s amazing!
4. Go Surfing – The big waves in Cape Town draw many professionals each year without fail. If you’re a beginner though and fancy giving this activity a try – then sign up to some classes and learn! Surfing is something you can pick up easily with the right teacher and practise, so the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll be rising the big waves with the big boys!
5. Trek Table Mountain – You don’t need to abseil to get a thrill out of Table Mountain. You can trek the mountain (and surrounding landscape) quite easily. The views of the town, the steep climbs and the great wildlife will offer so much to see and experience too. If you want to push yourself you could even hire a bike and bike down the mountain instead. But that is definitely not for the faint hearted!
Guest post written by Elle-Rose. She works for No1 Traveller as a writer. Who provide luxury airport lounges in London Heathrow.