On Friday I had a 40 min cardio training and a 20 min shoulder workout.
Saturday I trained my back, bizeps and abs. And today (Sunday) I had a chest workout, 20 min cardio and sauna.
On Saturday I walked about 10 km at the beach with my dog and today about 12 km in the mountains.
As we have quite warm summer days right now, there is a higher need for me to drink more water. I always struggle to drink enough water. Therefore I have to push myself to drink at least 2,5 litres a day. Not an easy task for me, but very important. If you do not drink enough, you will feel weak and your body will respond negatively to your training.
My food intake was the usual diet. So I would like to point you today to your food habits. As described in my book it is very important to adopt to a basic set of eating habits.
So lets start with some easy and general hints on your new food habits:
- Try to eat colorful. This means that the more colors the food on your plate will have the better. Example: Sandwich: Salad (green), Tomato (red), full wheat toast (brown), low fat cheese (yellow), egg and low fat mayo (white)
- Your meals (lunch, dinner) should always have a source of protein and carbohydrates and some vegetables.
- The size of the carbs and protein part should always be smaller than your fist. Example: portion of rice < size of your fist and chicken breast < size of your open palm
- Don’t skip breakfast!
- You should always have some vegetables or salad with every lunch or dinner.
- You should eat at least 6 times as day, so about every 3-4 hours. You need to eat, do not skip the meals. We want a constant blood sugar level over the day.
- This will prevent you from starving and having hunger attacks. So again, do not skip your meals and mid-morning or mid-afternoon snacks. You have to eat to lose fat!
- Try to prepare your food in advance, e.g. the evening for the next day. Then your day will be more stress free. Always have some backup diet protein bars or fruit with you.
- You should drink lots of water: 2-3 liters a day.
- Try to drink water in place of soft drinks and other flavored beverages.
These are only a few of the rules that you will find in my eBook, but it is a good start. Feel free to add more good food habits to the comments and see what I have missed out.