I just got an email from someone being a proud Capetonian and he listed some new facts of 2012 about the mother city.
In 2012 alone Cape Town was named:
– Favourite City World Wide, Telegraph Travel Awards 2012.
– Number Two City in the World, Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards 2012.
– Top City in Africa, Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards 2012.
– Eight beaches and two marinas got Blue Flag Status 2012.
– Best Beach Destination in Africa, World Travel Awards 2012.
– The World’s Top City in Africa and the Middle East, Travel+ Leisure World’s Best Awards 2012.
– Fourth Top City in the World, Travel+ Leisure World’s Best Awards 2012.
– Muizenberg was voted One of National Geographic’s World’s 20 Best Surf Towns.
– 8th Top 10 Truly Unique Beaches in the World, TripAdvisor 2012.
– One of the World’s Ten Most Loved Cities 2012, CNNgo.
– 23rd: Top 25 Destinations in the World, TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012.
– 8th: Top 10 Beach Destinations in Africa, TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012.
– At the end of 2011 Table Mountain was announced as one of the new 7 Wonders of Nature, and the nomination has just been made official, and Cape Town was announced as World Design Capital 2014. – Cape Argus
Quite impressive. If you know about other awards please let us know.
If you liked this post share it with your friends or register for our newsletter.