I am splitting my year in different parts when it comes to training.
Right now I am trying to gain muscle mass and gain weight. Which is getting harder and harder as I am turning 44 soon and my Testosteron levels are much lower than they were in my 20s. Nevertless I have much more know how and insight in training tham 20 years ago. This helps a lot.
I am came from 83kgs about 5 months ago with a 13% body fat. Status today is 94kg with 18% body fat. So the result is ok. Especially when I remember last winter I have 92kg with 26% body fat. So this year it works much better for me.
Here is what I do:
1. I try to train with the highest possible weights.
2. I keep reps between 8-10, sometimes only 4-6 reps.
3. I change every training session when it comes to excercises and reps
4. I try to eat a high protein, hig carbs, medium fat diet
5. I try to eat every 3 hours, from 6am in the morning till 9pm at night.
6. I take the last carbs before 7 pm, last meal at 9pm only protein
7. Once a week I eat what I like and as much as I like 😉
8. I do cardio 30-45 min at least 4 times a week in the evening before I got to bed.
9. I train 5 times a week, each body part only once a week.
So the question is why am I doing this year better than last year?
Basically I can see these reasons:
1. I have added cardio, I did not do any cardio the last before with the mass cycle
2. I avoid alcohol as much as possible. Max 2-3 glas of wine or beer a week.
3. I stick to the diet which is basically not much different than during my summer weightloss diet, only bigger portions.
4. I have a clear goal in mind
So what is next:
Target is to reach 98kg bodyweight with about 18% body fat and do 180kg squats. Once I have achieved this goal I will start the summer diet and try this year to go down to maybe 85-86kg with 10-12% body fat.