TABLE MOUNTAIN BLUES SUMMIT 2014 – 6 & 7 December, Hillcrest Quarry, Durbanville.
“The blues is not something you choose to play. It’s a bit like falling in love. It just happens, because it feels so right.” Rob Nagel. The Blues Broers.
“It’s hard to describe what blues really is, but at its core its a feeling waiting to come out. Its a genre that can be played simply, or complex, all that really matters is that its played with soul.” Riaan Smit, Crimson House.
South Africa’s Premier Blues Music Festival returns to Hillcrest Quarry in Durbanville, Cape Town on the 6th and 7th of December 2014. Hosting 20 of the country’s top Blues Rock Artists over 2 days, the 2014 concert is proudly presented and brought to you by local main sponsor COMBUSTION TECHNOLOGY and also with great sponsor support by PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC and FENDER SA.
So friends and fans, all you need is a ticket and them’ blue suede shoes (whether real or imaginary) to come and enjoy the finest music making by some of South Africa`s finest Blues Musicians.
This year the Blues Summit rocks on a Saturday and a Sunday. Organizer Richard Pryor says: “Ain’t the Blues just too good on a Sunday? We moved the Friday night to a Sunday so that it is easier to bring your whole family for an awesome day out.”
The line up for Saturday and Sunday is as follow:
Saturday 6 December:
13:00 Sven Blumer
14:00 Charlie King
15:00 Parlor Vinyls
16:00 Basson Loubscher & the Violent Free Piece
17:00 Crimson House
18:00 Natasha Meister Band
19:00 Gerald Clark & the Deadmen
20:00 Dave Ferguson & Mean Black Mamba
22:00 Combustion Cash Giveaway R1500
22 15 Albert Frost Trio
23:15 The Fake Leather Blues Band
Sunday 7 December:
10:00 Riaan and Nick
11 00 Wayne Pauli Trio
12:00 Piet Botha and Akkedis
13:00 Ann Jangle
14:00 The Blues Broers
15:00 Boulevard Blues & Nhoza Sitsholwana
16:00 Fender Guitar Giveaway
16h30 Dan Patlansky
17h30 Patrick Canovi’s ‘Kiss the Sky’
What you can look forward to on the Blues Menu for the Summit:
- 20 top Bands over 2 days.
- Top class quality 30000 watt outdoor sound rig! The best rig ever !!!
- Huge Lighting and a huge LED screen.
- Hillcrest Quarry is one of the finest outdoor venues in SA
- Vibrant food and refreshment stalls and plenty of outside bars
- Plenty of free and secure off street parking
- Fender Guitar Giveaway and the Combustion Technology Cash Prizes R1500
- Free entrance for children under 12 (must present some form of ID)
- Limited camping tickets for sale on Computicket (Camping costs R150 -separate to festival ticket)
Phone and book at Computicket on 0861 9158000 or visit
www.computicket.com for your piece of the Blues Rock action: Tickets R200 – R340.