“Ahoy, matey! Dead men don’t bite.” – It is almost Pirate Day 2011.
The parodic holiday “International Talk Like A Pirate Day” will be celebrated on 19th September of each year.
The Talk Like a Pirate Day (ITLAPD) has been created back in 1995 by two guys and has become an international success.
Actually it is quite funny why it is the 19th September. The guys where looking for a date that they could easily remember and ended up with the ex-wife’s birthday of one of the guys…
There is a whole website about the Talk Like a Pirate Day at http://www.talklikeapirate.com and if you want to be a real pirate
you better read it and use pirate lingo. Arrr!
You can learn the basics and advanced pirate lingo at http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howto.html
Here are some funny examples: “Top Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day”
- Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
- You’re drinking a Salty Dog? How’d you like to try the real thing?
- That’s some treasure chest you’ve got there.
- I’ve sailed the seven seas, and you’re the sleekest schooner I’ve ever sighted.
- I’d love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
What do you think? Shall we have a Cape Town Active pirate day party? Arrr!
Share your Pirate Day experience, ideas and insights in the comments box below.