In the last few years Cape Town has seen the opening of a number of new weekend markets. And people love it, especially food lovers…
First and foremost of these markets and a trendsetter in its own is Saturday Market at the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock. Not only that the market grew over the last two years also the neighbourhood, which was a very doggy place is getting a real upgrade.
New shops, boutiques, coffeeshops are opening next to the market. On Saturdays it is quite hectic to find a place for parking, but once there the atmosphere and vibe is great. You get lots of great food, but even if you are not hungry you will like the place. Stroll around, do some shopping or just sit and have a glass of wine or beer and watch people. Just great.
Other markets have followed the concept and are succesful as well.
Here a shortlist of other weekend markets in Cape Town:
- Boo-Kaap Food and Craft Market
- Antiques & Collectable Market, Groot Constantia Wine Estate
- Cobble Walk Indoor Lifestyle Market. Durbanville
- Holistic Lifestyle Fair, Observatory
- Marina da Gama Craft Market
- Kirstenbosch Craft Market
- Triangle Square Market
- Constantia Waldorf Organic Market
- Rondebosch Village Market
- Food Lovers Market, Claremont
- Milnerton Flea Market
- Wellness Warehouse Natural & Organic Market, 52 Kloof Street
- And a new one will come soon in the Waterkant
Here some images from the Old Biscuit Market in Cape Town, Woodstock.